In northern California and need something to do?
- Monterey Bay Aquarium, This aquarium has many great exhibits, one
of my favorites is the Jelly Fish exhibit. You can watch
the Sea Otters being fed or sharks swimming by the window.
You can pet a star fish or a bat ray as it swims past you.
- Mendocino, my favorite California
- Sweetwater Spa and InnSweetwater Spa and Inn "offers quality Mendocino
lodging, cottages, a Bed and Breakfast, vacation rentals,
spa, massage, hot tubs, and amazing Mendocino ocean views."
- North Coast Brewery Taproom and Grill,
Fort Bragg. I always go here when I visit Mendocino. They have great seafood specials
and good beer.
- Patterson's Pub, A traditional Irish pub.
They have peanuts for snacks in the afternoon. You walk in and find peanut shells all
over the floor.
- Jug Handle State Reserve,
See the pigmy forest.
- Point Reyes National SeashoreThis park north of the Golden Gate has great
hiking and beaches. "Nearly 20% of the State's flowering
plant species are represented on the peninsula and over 45%
of the bird species in North Americahave been sighted. ",
from the Park Service website.
- Bay Area Hiker,
a site showing all of the local SF Bay area trails.
- Kiva Retreat House, Kiva "was created as a gathering place for
people. It was modeled after the Japanese Bath House and our vision of a place where people would come to cleanse
and rejuvenate their minds and bodies."
Star Wars Novels Timeline, I've read a lot of these.
- Sister Fidelma Mysteries.
Sister Fidelma, seventh-century religieuse of the Catholic Church and advocate
of the Irish Brehon Courts (kind of like a district attorney) solves mysteries
with the help of Brother Eadulf
- FactCheck.org, Holding Politicians
- Earthjustice is the
nonprofit law firm for the environment, representing, without charge, hundreds
of public interest clients.
- MIT's OpenCourseWare,
a free and open educational resource for faculty, students, and self-learners
around the world.
- Perseus Digital Library, Our
primary goal is to bring a wide range of source materials to as large an audience as possible.
- Pacifica Radio, bringing listeners
alternative, community, free speach, listener sponsored radio for over 50 years.
- Air America Radio, Progressive talk radio network, shows include,
Randi Rhodes Show, Majority Report, Springer on the Radio,
Al Franken Show and Mother Jones Radio.